Hurricane Florence is expected to make landfall on the East Coast by Friday morning. While you prepare to evacuate or shelter in place, here are some helpful safety tips from your temporary housing source.
If you are advised or ordered to evacuate
· Follow all directions and orders from local officials and leave immediately when instructed to do so.
· Bring emergency supplies, including: a first aid kit, medicine, food, water, formula and diapers, toiletries, cell phones, radios, and batteries.
· Take extra cash and copies of important papers such as insurance policies.
· Pack blankets, sleeping bags, books, and games.
· Unplug appliances, turn off utilities such as electricity and the main water valve.
· Lock the windows and doors of your home.
· Don’t forget about your pets! Pack their food, beds, a toy and any meds.
If you are not told to evacuate
· STAY AT HOME! Leave the roads available for those who must evacuate. If you absolutely must leave your home, NEVER drive through floodwaters. Turn around, don’t drown.
· Clean your bathtub with bleach and fill it with water for washing and flushing (not drinking).
· Set your refrigerator to maximum cold and keep it closed.
· Turn off your utilities if told to do so by local officials.
During the storm
· Go to an interior room and stay away from windows and doors, even though they’re covered.
· During very strong winds, lie under something sturdy.
· Do not go outside, including during passage of the eye of the hurricane.
CRS is tracking and preparing for Hurricane Florence. Our Catastrophe team is ready to assist both insurance adjusters and policyholders with immediate emergency hotel and housing assistance.
- We are fully staffed 24/7/365 for immediate assistance.
- Timely deployment of CRS employees on-site to support adjusters and policyholders.
- Priority booking with major hotel chains for needs of adjusters and policyholders.
- Competitive pricing on homes, condos, townhomes, apartments, mobile homes and travel trailers.
- Capability to provide temporary office trailers for carriers.
- One point of contact for adjusters and policyholders to minimize confusion.
- Internal weather tracking so we know where the storm is heading.