CRS employees had the pleasure of donating time this past Saturday at the main warehouse for the St. Mary’s Food Bank. We helped pack and sort food items that will provide meals to families, neighbors and friends in our community who need it most.
St. Mary’s Food Bank is one of the largest food banks in the United States, and proud of the impact it has had on Arizona—and the world. St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance offers an array of programs designed to help those in need receive food and other types of assistance. They offer opportunities for individuals and organizations to get involved, make financial donations, and volunteer their time, effort and resources.
One of the ways they assist the people of Arizona is with Emergency Food Boxes. St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance distributes Emergency Food Boxes, at no cost, to individuals and families in need.
Some facts to know about St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance:
- Donations are local! This means they help Arizonians in and around our community.
- Every week, more than 800 children receive weekend backpacks filled with food.
- They provide enough food for 250,000 meals every day.
- Every $1.00 donated provides 7 meals.
- Every school day they provide 5,000 after-school meals to children
- St. Mary’s Food Bank serves 81,000 square miles of Arizona (2/3 of the state)
To learn more about the St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance and their mission, please visit http://www.firstfoodbank.org/