Typically when we think about New Year’s resolutions, we think about personal improvement. For example, losing weight, eating healthier, exercising more often, etc. But have you ever considered making a new year’s resolution for your home and regular home maintenance? Of course not all home damage is preventable, but sometimes the damage could have been avoided if the problem was caught sooner. So this year, not only stick with your personal resolutions, but check these 5 areas of your home to avoid a costly damage.
- Roofing: Check for missing, loose, or damaged shingles and leaks.
- Clothes Washer: Clean water inlet filters; check hoses and replace them if they are leaking.
- Clothes Dryer: Vacuum lint from ducts and surrounding areas.
- Sink/Tub Stoppers and Drain Holes: Clean out debris.
- Wiring: Check for frayed cords and wires; repair or replace them as needed.
To see what other areas should be checked go to: http://www.myhomeideas.com/how-to/weekend-projects/home-maintenance-checklist-10000001731328/